Monday, March 03, 2008

bartley!

Woke up this morning and it was a beautiful day. Called up cartel only to find that i have absolutely no work this whole week! Praise the Lord! IT IS A BEAUTIFUL DAY!

Later in the afternoon, i got a call from Bartley Secondary School to relief teach tomorrow. I imagine myself as a rescue squad member to provide relief to the people in Bartley. Isn't that cool? Anyway English/Science would be my job tomorrow. I was so filled with excitement when i first got the news that i kept punching the air! It was as though i had just scored the goal that would keep derby county( this is very unlikely to happen) in the premier league! Perhaps it was the subconcious knowledge that my cartel job would soon be no more than a long forgotten memory. But then if it was a memory, i guess i would not be able to forget it right? Because then it would just be...forgotten...

Went out to get a haircut because i figured teachers dont exactly look like me. Or in a more humbling manner, i dont really look like a teacher. Now i'm back home sitting in front of the laptop and i still dont think i look like a teacher! I tried arming myself with a set of teacher's costume( i mean teaching clothes) and a brief case. Simon Cowell would have probably booted me out of my own room if he had seen me. The Fashion Swat Team (mind you not just the fashion police) would have put be behind bars for violating national dressing laws. Thank God for giving me my own room! I figured teaching in school is really gonna be different than teaching in caregroup. I get to scold people and punish people! Its gonna be so much fun!

But on a serious note, i have been really wondering about teaching as a career. Personally i love teaching in caregroup because i talk about something so close to my heart. I'm not exactly sure if Verbs, Nouns or Adjectives are close to my heart yet so i guess its time to find out. I'm really hopeful and excited to experience teaching and also discover what God has made me out to be.

Discovering God's purpose for my life is both enriching and exciting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home